You’re Not Alone: The Biggest Struggles Our Clients Are Facing Right Now
I am joined on this episode by my fabulous writing coaches, Rocío Caballero-Gill and Gina Robinson. We are talking all about the issues and stressors that are coming up the most in working with clients in our programs right now. What are you struggling with in your career? One thing we can guarantee is that you are not alone. From motivation to time management to boundaries to finding support, we are addressing all the top-of-mind issues from the fabulous womxn in our programs.
- Logistical questions like how do I find and manage time to be able to write?
- How to sustain writing through proper mindset, priority setting, and boundaries.
- Worrying about what isn’t being done, and how to find focus.
- Using structure and systems to create confidence and focus.
- Scarcity mindset and the fear of not using time ‘well enough’.
- Digging deeper into lack of motivation to find and deal with the underlying issues.
- The importance of community for support, energy, and momentum.
- Rest, and how to structure and set up breaks to reap maximum benefit.
- Asking for help from all different sources and the power this holds for womxn.
- Clarifying priorities to stay on mission.
- Decision fatigue and how to avoid it.
- How coaching, masterminds, community groups and programs are helping our clients.
- “People think they don’t have enough time, but really what it is, is that they don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing.” -Gina Robinson
- “There is this fear…I’m not using the time well enough.” -Cathy Mazak
- “If you need a brain dump every single day, that is fine.” -Rocío Caballero-Gill
- “You just have to trust the system…” -Rocío Caballero-Gill
- “Women talking about what they need is very powerful.” -Cathy Mazak
- “Every time you have to make a decision, it costs you.” -Cathy Mazak
- “Resting makes you a better academic and a better human.” -Cathy Mazak
Pulled in a thousand directions and can’t seem to carve out time to write? Download my 10 Ways to Make Time to Write cheat sheet for ideas to implement today!
Connect with me:
Stay current in Academic Publishing
Subscribe to our newsletter:
In the Pipeline
writing tips, publishing trends, reading recomendations, free workshops