You’re confident about promotion (you know you deserve it)… and worried about it! How will you go through the process without contorting to fit institutional standards that don’t quite capture your greatness? In Amplify we use the structure of your promotion dossier to help you design the career of the scholar you want to be. In the process you’ll write your dossier and you’ll set the foundation for a career on your terms.
Amplify helps early tenure-track scholars with a unique approach to their field prepare a dossier that gets them promoted on their terms.
In this program you will:
1. Draft all the documents that make up your promotion dossier in your own voice, on your terms.
2. Craft the publication pipeline that will tell the world who you are while setting you up for an impactful career–and a breezy promotion!
3. Write your personal Milestone Map™ full of the career milestones that are important to you.
4. Write an Academic Values Statement™ that will guide your promotion process–and your career decisions.
5. Design the relationship between teaching, research, service, public scholarship, outreach, mentoring–all the key components of your scholarly career–so that they align with your values and support your Milestone Map™.
Amplify is for you if:
You just got your tenure-track job and you’re already thinking about promotion
You have a disruptive perspective on your field, i.e. your approach is unique and your voice alters the status quo
You reject overwork and believe there is a feminist way to be successful in academia that is fundamentally different from how others before you have found success (even if you’re not sure exactly how)
You’re coachable and ready to try new things
How do you feel when you get to work in the morning? When you look at your to-do list, do you feel completely overwhelmed? Have you ever felt the beginnings of a panic attack when you think about the amount of stuff you have to do? For most of us, the answer is “yes.”...
Are you making these three writing mistakes? Academic women are a diverse and electrifying group. I truly get so much energy from interacting with you all, both in and out of my own field of study. But the more academic women I get to know, the more I realize that...
As you close your laptop on turning in grades, set up your email auto-responder so that students know you are unreachable and dream about all those projects that you’re going to finish over the break, it might be time for a little reality check. Let me guess: you have...
Stay current in Academic Publishing
Subscribe to our newsletter:
In the Pipeline
writing tips, publishing trends, reading recomendations, free workshops